Choosing The Correct Roofing Contractor
When you choose a roofing contractor to replace your roof – follow these guidelines to ensure you’ve picked a contractor who will do the job properly:
1. Licensing: Confirm your Contractor is a currently licensed California State Contractor with an active license in good standing.
2. General Liability Insurance Certificate: Not “Self-Insured”. You need to see if your contractor carries general liability insurance for both commercial and residential projects. A sizable contractor will carry no less than $500,000…. and usually around $1,000,000 of coverage. Over three-fourths of roofing companies do not carry proper insurance coverage to protect you against losses.
3. Workers Compensation Insurance: Is the Contractor currently insured for Worker’s compensation.
4. Bond: Is the Contractor bonded with a bonding company.
5. Current References: All reputable roofing contractors carry pre-printed lists of references. Also, ask for suppliers, business references, etc.
6. Association Certificates of Good Standing: Belonging to trade associations implies some quality and ethical integrity on the part of the contractor.
7. Suppliers: Does the Contractor use only major roofing manufacturer’s products and authorized roofing materials.
Below is a list of some of the services that we provide…